(Estonian ’Kükita’, Kasepää municipality, Jõgeva County). In the early 18th century, nine Russian peasants rented plots in Flemmingshof (Laiuse-Tähkvere) manor. The village’s initial name is considered to be “Nikitovka” derived from its founder Ivan Nikitin’s name. Nikitin, together with one of the boyars Morozovs, fled from persecutions. The worship house, built by Nikitin and Morozov in honor of the Elevation of the Cross of Our Lord, was consecrated on September 14, 1740. They brought four bells, all necessary utensils and divine service books to the worship house. In the early 19th century, father Ioann served as the confessor. During the Patriotic war of 1812, Cossacks the Old Believers attended the Kikita worship house. The preceptor Mikhail, who accompanied them, held the divine service. The Cossacks sang in the klyros. Later they donated many valuable things to the Kikita church. In 1833, there were 322 members from different estates and 75 state peasants, i.e. 397 parishioners in the Kikita community.

The persecutions of the 1830s touched the Kikita community as well. Ignati Trifonov, a Riga resident, served as the preceptor at the time. In 1832, the committee of state officials together with the Dorpat priest confiscated books, icons, utensils and the big bell from the worship house. The objects were sent to Alatskivi manor. They were partially returned thanks to the landlord’s intervention. In 1837, the worship house was sealed. There were several large chests with icons inside. Despite Old Believers’ multiple petitions and their requests to unseal the church and return the utensils, the worship house was dismantled and the books were sent to the unified faith church of Chernaya village in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of December 8, 1846. Two bells held in Alatskivi manor were entrusted to the Dorpat police officer. He gave instructions to send them to the Estonian Orthodox parishes, yet after several years of negotiations the bells were transferred to the Mustvee church of the unified faith.

In 1851, prayer gatherings were conducted again in the Kikita Old Believer community. In 1863, the old worship house collapsed. Next year the community petitioned for the new building (the year of 1860 is indicated in the Kikita community record from the fund of the Yuryev district governor, 330-1-1972). The building of a new worship house without any distinctive features was permitted. The landlord von Liphardt donated the building materials. A parishioner Pyotr Ilyich Amelkin donated the plot. The worship house was built by the members of the parish and consecrated on June 24, 1865. M. P. Myznikov assumed the preceptor's position. In 1882, a superstructure was added to the worship house. In 1902, the interior of the worship house was decorated. G. Frolov's pupil Filipp Andreyevich Myznikov painted the two upper tiers of the iconostasis. In 1908, a number of old icons were restored by the Yuryev icon painter Dementi Nikiforovich Polyakov. Besides M. P. Myznikov, Ivan Kharlampievich Bondarev (1884–1886), Trofim Lavrentyevich Bansh’ikov, Stefan Afanasyevich Karamnov (1886–1888), Ivan Kuzmich Larin (1888–1889), Ivan Kharlampievich Bondarev (1890), Yakov Gavriilovich Krasovsky (1890–1898), Daniil Sergeyevich Zhirnov (1898-1919) served as preceptors in the late 19th -early 20th century. According to the reports of 1910-1916, there were more than 700 members in the community.

In 1926, the Kikita Old Believer community was registered in accordance with the Estonian law on societies and joined the Union of Old Believers of Estonia (Kükita Old Believer Society 1926, Kükita Old Believer Religious Society 1936). There were 152 families (791 members) in the community by the moment of registration. Grigori Gavriilovich Glubokov (1919-1929) and Osip Ivanov served as preceptors. In 1937, the latter was prohibited from residing in South Estonia and Tallinn for the holding of Easter service in accordance with the old calendar time. Yermolay Fabrichnikov hold the preceptor's position from 1939.

In the second half of the 1930s, the Kikita worship house was renovated. The 12th (1938) and 13th (1939) All-Estonian Congresses of the Old Believer Communities took place there. Before World War II, the courses in traditional znamennoe chant directed by I. S. Kulev were organized in Kikita.

During the war, the worship house burnt down. In 1949, the local residents have built the church that still exists. At present, Matvey Feodorovich Bukhvostov holds the chairman’s position.